Introduction: Starbucks is a well-known and popular brand in Canada with numerous stores across the country. If you’re interested in working at Starbucks Canada, this blog post will guide you on how to get hired and enjoy the benefits of working with this renowned company.
How to Apply:
- Online Application: The easiest and fastest way to apply is through Starbucks’ official website – Starbucks.ca/careers. Use the “Search Jobs” bar or click on “Search Jobs” to explore available positions. Filter the offers by location and/or job type. Click on a job title for a detailed description. When you choose a position, click on “Apply Now” and provide the required information, including your resume.
- Phone Application: You can call the U.S.-based hiring center at 1-800-282-6642 and request an application form. If you prefer applying by mail, send your resume along with three letters of reference to Starbucks Canada Careers Department, PO Box 1260 Stn D, Toronto, ON M5W 1E8.
- Personal Referral: While not officially allowed, building a friendly relationship with baristas at a Starbucks store and expressing your interest in working there might lead to personal referrals.
- Age: You must be over 16 years old.
- Social Insurance Number (SIN): You need a valid SIN.
- Education: A minimum of Grade 10 (high school diploma or equivalent) is required.
- Canadian Residency: You must be able to prove that you have been in Canada for at least three years and are eligible to work in your field of study or training.
- Additional Requirements: During the application period, Starbucks may require an acceptable passport, valid immigration status, drug test, and background checks.
Tips for Applying at Starbucks:
- Read the job description and position requirements thoroughly.
- Proofread your application for errors.
- Include a resume and cover letter if applying for a supervisor or manager job.
- If submitting the application in person, hand it directly to a manager to demonstrate your enthusiasm.
Starbucks Positions & Salaries:
- Barista: Responsible for preparing food and beverages and maintaining a clean workspace. Base pay starts at around $13.00 per hour plus tips.
- Cashier: Takes customer orders, processes purchases, and maintains store cleanliness. Can make 15.50 CAD or more per hour.
- Assistant Store Manager: Handles store operations, promotes sales, and recruits employees. Annual salary is about 47K CAD.
Conclusion: To apply for a job at Starbucks Canada, use their official website and follow the guidelines provided. Starbucks is always seeking new talent for part-time positions, so qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online. Don’t miss the opportunity to work with this renowned coffee brand and enjoy its benefits.
Explore job opportunities here: Starbucks Canada Careers.
Best of luck in your job search!